Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tamiya 1/20 Lotus 99T - 3

Quick update for today. Managed to spray gray primer onto the monococque. The plan is to spray it gloss black, apply the decals, and then clearcoat with flat black.


You can see from this pic that I've started to put Bare-Metal Foil over the rivets. The plan is have the foil covering all the rivets on the tub, spray the black, and then use a Q-Tip dipped in thinner to expose clean away the paint from the raised rivet detail. It's a technique used for raised engine lettering and badging on car bodywork.

Also, I joined the Classic Plastic Model Club, and have to say my motivation has gone through the roof. I had a lot of fun at my first meeting, and I'm really looking forward to taking part in my first show in October.

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea with the BMF on the rivets....I love this car so look forward to your progress...

    ReplyDelete